Commonly asked questions that may answer a question you may have.
Q: Who can attend the Horrific Film Fest?
A: This is a family event, so anyone and everyone is welcome!
Q: What makes festival screenings unique?
A: The director, cast, and crew are often on hand for a Q&A after the screenings. The films, chosen from over hundreds of submissions each year, are from all around the world and offer many perspectives. Some films are exclusively screened at our event or even a world premiere, so you could be among the first to see the next big horror hit.
Q: Are the films rated?
A: Many of our films have not yet been reviewed by the Motion Picture Association of America and therefore do not have an MPAA rating (G, PG, PG-13, R, NC-17). Keep in mind that our festival is a horror-themed event, so some material may not be suitable for all viewers or attendees. Discretion is advised.
Q: What is going on besides movies?
A: The Horrific Film Fest is much more than just movies. With vendor tables offering unique horror merchandise, special guest/celebrity meet & greets, horror-themed car show, interactive make-up tutorial, the various Q&A after screening talks, to paranormal phenomena session; you will be quite entertained outside the theater.
Q: Can I meet a “special guest”/celebrity?
A: Most definitely! In fact, each special guest will have a vendor table available with their items, such as photos and posters, for attendees to purchase at a fair price and have signed. Visit our HOME page for list of special guests. Disclaimer: Special guest list subject to change without notice.
Q: How much will it cost to get in the Horrific Film Fest?
A: Visit our TICKETS page for pricing details on individual, family, VIP passes, and more.
Q: How are winners selected for filmmaker award categories?
A: Winners are selected by an impartial jury panel and audience members. Filmmakers with a submitted film in the festival are not involved with/in the selection process. Importantly, filmmaker or representative must be present at award ceremony, held Sunday evening, to win.
House Rules and Regulations
- Absolutely no firearms permitted in the event unless you are a licensed security/police officer working our event or for host venue.
- Smoking (cigarettes, cigars, pipes, vapors, etc.) is not allowed in the event, however, venue has nearby outdoor smoking areas where smoking is permitted.
- Illegal drugs are not allowed in event.
- Videotaping filmmaker films inside the theater is strictly prohibited.
- Outside food or beverage is not authorized inside the event. The host venue offers food and beverage for purchase that can be consumed in the event and theater while watching films.